Thursday, January 21, 2010

DONATION FOR EDUCATION OF POOR CHILDREN

Hi Friends, as per my resolution, I am here again to share one more thought which comes across in my mind every time, When I hear from person donating money for Education of poor children or seeing someone donating money.

We come across many charitable trust or other institutes, which provides education to poor and needy children. And we also see many big shots donating lakhs of rupees in the charitable institutes. It is a great and generous step by those big shots and even common man, who donates money for such a great cause. Even our government and NGO’s are taking numerous steps to provide education to poor children’s. Nowadays, even the corporate houses are also helping directly or indirectly in promoting education to poor student. I would even like to quote an example of indirect promotion by corporate houses for poor student’s education program.

Currently, I am attending classes in the college for my Law degree, where one of the NGO came to the college to promote the education for poor children. Every year, the said NGO recruits aspiring students for the job of teacher, who can provide education to the poor children. The tenure of such job is 2 years. The student will also be paid for such tenure. They also described that they have a facility with the companies that in case the student has been selected in the company (Corporate House), they would reserve job position of the student for the aforesaid tenure, which is nothing but an indirect promotion for such a great cause.

The first thought on this topic came across in my mind during my childhood days when I was in school. Basically I am from small town called Morbi, which is famous for the manufacturing of Quartz and Textiles. I was in 9th standard and was practicing with my team for Annual Sports Week. Hence, we decided to practice for few events at 5 p.m. in the evening at school, when play ground is empty. As per our decision, we all reached in the evening and started our practice. Suddenly at 5.45 p.m., many small children who reside in the nearby area entered into the school premises. We were astonished and started to scold them to go away from the school premises. Few of them also started crying; suddenly out of the blue one of our teacher, Ms. Jayshree Teacher, came over there. We were speechless and confused. She scolded us on making her students cry. After few days, it came to our knowledge that Jayshree Teacher takes Evening school for poor students residing in the nearby area free of cost. Being small boy, I took that instant lightly and didn’t understood the meaning of such school in the evening and that too free of cost. But now I understood the main reasoning of such a school.

I salute all human beings who directly or indirectly help for such a social cause. But my view on this topic is slightly different from the above mentioned ways.

I believe that even though we are donating money in the charitable institute, we should try to accommodate one or two poor children education personally from our end. We should personally keep an eye on one or poor children education as parents, who generally does for their own children. We should guide and finance the child which will help in establishing him / her. It is not wrong to help poor children to help his / her future, which would indirectly help our own nation to build up. It will also help in increasing the literacy rate of our beloved nation.

From my point of view, all I can foresight is advantages on performing the above mentioned task. Of course, it’s not easy, but “Even Rome was not built in a day”. We should get united in building up the nation. I cannot see any disadvantage in my idea, but yes one thought comes in my mind being a Chartered Accountant student.

In certain cases, some person donates the amount to charitable institute so as to get deduction from Income resulting into saving of tax. But friends, I feel some act should be performed without any personal intention. It is totally for a social cause.

I am not scripting this article for the sake of journalism. I truly believe in it and I am all set to act on it as soon as I start earning good amount of money. We and some of my friends also performed a skit on this topic during our GMCS Course (one of the course in Chartered Accountant Profession).

I would like to conclude with a simple phrase that “It is important to help our self in building our future, but simultaneously think of building our beloved nation.”
Hope you all will spread the message and also try to act on it. If even one person act on it, than I am succeeded in penning down this article.

Cheers,
Niraj M. Pandit

2 comments:

Mayank Sharma Dadhich said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mayank Sharma Dadhich said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CA Niraj Pandit